[argyllcms] Re: Spotread throws error while calibrating SpectroscanT transmissive

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 09:21:57 +1000

Ken Conrad wrote:

Thanks for the Win32 executable, but that file is chartread. Spotread makes more
sense for my application, because I am reading density patches for which I don't
have spectra data for a .ti2 input file and the SpectroscanT hardware in
transmissive mode is only capable of scanning one patch at a time, not a chart.

OK, here is spotread: <http://www.argyllcms.com/win32_spotread_exe.zip>.

That said, using a cloned .ti2 file I did get this chartread to run, using

chartread.exe -t -p -D fake.ti2

and make several patch reads before it went south with this error -

 Patch read failed due to unexpected error: 'Communication protocol breakdown'
 <No start character received by instrument>
then eventually,
 icoms: Write-Read Write failed returning 0x2000

It's impossible to know what happened without a debug trace. I've not seen
such a thing myself.