[argyllcms] Re: Spotread throws error while calibrating SpectroscanT transmissive

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 14:39:50 +1000

Ken Conrad wrote:

 icoms: Write_Read called with ';D00D01^M^J'
 icoms: About to write ';D00D01^M^J' ICOM err 0x0
 icoms: About to return read '' ICOM err 0x2000
 icoms: Write_Read Write failed - returning 0x2000
 Calibration failed with 'Communications failure' (Serial communications
failure)

Hi,
        the communications has timed out here. Unfortunately I don't actually
have a SpectroscanT so I've been unable to test this mode out. Searching
through the manual it does mention that on setting this mode "An optimum
position for the Spectrolino relative to the lamp for transmission measurements
is searched." although the entry for the command itself doesn't mention this.
So maybe it is a "Initialization" or "Move-command" which requires a longer
timeout
than the default 6 seconds, although the mode command is not listed or marked
as such.

So you should try changing line 1492 of spectro/ss_imp.c from

        ss_command(p, DF_TMO);

        ss_command(p, IT_TMO);

and recompile, and see if that solves the problem.