[argyllcms] Re: Scanner RGB Primaries Off the Chart

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 18:43:50 +0100

Am 17.01.2013 18:10, schrieb שחר קלינגר:
I see. I think I understand what's going on. Does this mean that because you
cannot measure the scanner's sensors' response directly, you're using a printed
reference to do that, therefore you can't really know the scanner's RGB
primaries (or it doesn't even matter)?

An input device does not have any "primaries" in the sense of an additive output device.
The red/gree/blue matrix colums tags in the profile are just what their tag names sugget, namly the
colums of a transformation matrix, which is part of a matrix/TRC model. And the model parameters
(including the matrix) are derived by minimizing the "overall error" for all the RGB/XYZ
pairs given in the .ti3 file.

Best Regards,
Gerhard