[argyllcms] Re: Reproducing watercolor on watercolor paper?

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:23:12 -0700
On 2008 Jun 25, at 8:03 AM, Graeme Gill wrote:

Ben Goren wrote:
Now...I don't know what to do to get a good print of the art on the watercolor paper. I've done two experiments with gamut-mapped device link profiles. The first used perceptual intent and the second absolute colorimetric. The perceptual looks close, but the contrast is low, it's a bit undersaturated, and the printer still lays down a lot of ink on the unpainted parts of the page. Absolute colorimetric pretty much takes care of the contrast and saturation...but it lays down buckets of ink on the unpainted areas.

There are two approaches to reproduced with a non-white paper color.
Either treat it as relative colorimetric throughout, or as absolute [. . .]

That matches what I was experimentally discovering. I think I'll have a chance to do some more this weekend; I'll let you know. Thanks!

Well, the good news is that I just got a test print I could live with. The bad news is that it was on the last sheet I had for testing -- but
I can get more paper, so it's not that bad.

Sorry, I've been a bit busy...

No problem. I know busy! Monday'll be the first day back at the day job after the surgery, but I've been much busier during the recovery than ``normal,'' what with the physical therapy and all the projects I've been scrambling like mad to finish while I can.

Cheers,

b&