[argyllcms] Re: Recommendations for Dell 2408WFP or 2407WFP(-HC)

  • From: Steffen <ssachse@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:48:41 +0100

I cannot say anything regarding to the quality of the display, but I do know that a Spyder2 does not correctly work with wide gamut displays. Also I find that the quality of measurements in low RGB-values cannot be considered accurate using the Spyder2. It seems to only measure noise from anything darker than 0.4cd/m2. That's why I upgraded to the DTP94, which gave me far superior results. I don't know about the Eyeone devices,

but I think those can be recommended, too.

Lewis Thompson schrieb:
Hi,

I've just bought a Dell 2408WFP after being impressed with a friend's
2407WFP.  However, I'm finding the colours and contrast on the 2408 to
be a step down from the 2407.

Before writing off the 2408 I wanted to properly calibrate it and go from there.

Can anybody recommend a suitable calibration device that would serve
the 2408 and also the 2407WFP or 2407WFP-HC if I do decide to
downgrade to an earlier model?

I was looking at the Spyder2, but I've seen a few posts in the
archives regarding poor support for 'wide gamut' displays.

Many thanks, Lewis