[argyllcms] Re: Recommendations for Dell 2408WFP or 2407WFP(-HC)

  • From: Steffen <ssachse@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:58:35 +0100

Graeme Gill schrieb:
This depends on the driver to some degree. In the Argyll driver I've
attempted to improve the low light performance by integrating over a
longer time period. Off hand I'm not sure how this compares
to the manufacturers drivers.

Graeme Gill.
Compared to the Datacolor software, ArgyllCMS produces better details in the low light regions. But that comes with severe color banding. On my particular display (Eizo S2431) very dark areas get a greenish cast. Also when comparing the black level between the Spyder2 and the DTP94 measurements, the Spyder's results are somewhere around 0.24cd/m2 while the DTP correctly reports them to be around 0.11cd/m2 (which is identical to the contrast ratings and black levels of other tests I've read). So it does work "better" in a way with your implementation, but I would not recommend
using a Spyder2 as I personnaly always had a bad feeling about my results.