[argyllcms] Re: Recommendations for Dell 2408WFP or 2407WFP(-HC)

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 01:59:54 +1000

Steffen wrote:

I cannot say anything regarding to the quality of the display, but I do know that a Spyder2 does not correctly work with wide gamut displays. Also I find that the quality of measurements in low RGB-values cannot be considered accurate using the Spyder2. It seems to only measure noise from anything darker than 0.4cd/m2.

This depends on the driver to some degree. In the Argyll driver I've
attempted to improve the low light performance by integrating over a
longer time period. Off hand I'm not sure how this compares
to the manufacturers drivers.