[argyllcms] Re: Quality of camera profile - colour banding

  • From: "edmund ronald" <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:16:25 +0200

I have no idea; when I did this intensively I would just run whatever
software I had a license for -or my own code- look at the results, and
if it looks ok to my eyes on some real-world captures I say I'm happy.
I then run a profile editing toolchain I created myself to edit camera
profiles to bring them in line with the esthetics I want to create eg.
a portrait look, or a Velvia look. The technology is just a stepping
stone a far as I'm concerned, and I'm not especially knowledgeable
about it.

Edmund