[argyllcms] Re: Quality of camera profile - colour banding

  • From: "Mike Russell" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 01:32:10 -0700

I'm seeing some typical jpeg noise in the blue channel, but no banding on either of my displays in any of the images. I also plotted a neutral response curve from your camera profile, and the profile appears to be smooth, with no discontinuities to speak of.

I suggest the next step would be to check for visible banding in an artifically created gradient. If you see banding in this situation, you are encountering a display profile or LUT problem, and not one with your camera profile.

Mike Russell  - www.curvemeister.com