[argyllcms] Re: Projector calibration

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:47:17 +0100

On dimanche 13 janvier 2008, Udo Lembke wrote:

> > What do you mean by reflective light?
>
> the room was not 100% dark, and so i got perhaps light from other
> sources. I want to make more tests with an black tube on the instrument.

I see.

> understand i right, that you got a good profile, with the diffuser on
> the instrument and the i1d2 toward the projector? I make only one try
> with the diffusor - without any luck.
>
> I think my projector is so far out, that the difference between the
> screens is not important. The LUT with the readings from the screen are
> better than the test with der diffusor, but nowhere neare enough.

In fact, we made the complete profile with the first config (measuring
reflected light on the screen). Then, we made a simple calibration with
the second config (towards the projector, with diffusor on): loading the
new lut values did not change much the results. Especially, we didn't
notice a color cast. So, I presume it is a not so bad config (again, it
will be the only one we will able to achieve for the large projection
room).

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org