[argyllcms] Re: Profiling a Mobile Phone (Opera)

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:57:52 +1100

Chris Lilley wrote:
> Opera Mobile should work properly. I can ask some Opera contacts about
> that.

Hi,
        it seems too smart/dumb for its own good. I'm using a pretty
simple scheme of sending the browser an XMLHTTP message which is
the color to set the page to, and the Javascript then does
a "document.body.style.background = new color", acknowledges the
message with a "GET", and then waits for the next XMLHTTP message.

But on Opera Mobile only 1 in 5 of the updates turns into a re-paint.
I tried a bunch of stuff I found in a Google search to trick it into
updating immediately, but nothing worked.

It seems like it is using some sort of heuristic to decide when to
re-paint, and whatever I'm doing seems to result in it ignoring the
color change for many seconds.

If you know someone who can throw some light on this, I'd
be interested to know what's going on with it.

Cheers,