[argyllcms] Re: Profiling a Mobile Phone (Opera)

  • From: Chris Lilley <chris@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 14:16:46 +0100

Hello Graeme,

> שחר קלינגר wrote:
>> The only other mobile browser that communicates with
>> Argyll is Opera but I think it's broken - the patch display isn't
>> synchronized with the

> I suspect that Opera Mini will never work, since (as I understand it)
> the web page/Javascript is interpreted on a server, and the resulting
> image data then sent to the handset. This would completely break the
> synchronisation.

Your  understanding  of  how Opera Mini works is correct. Its aimed at
very low-end phones and most of the code executes on a server, talking
to a thin display component on the phone.

> Opera Mobile seems to only update its screen every 5 color patches.
> I couldn't figure any way of forcing it to update properly,
> so it also seems useless for profiling.

Opera Mobile should work properly. I can ask some Opera contacts about
that.

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:chris@xxxxxx