[argyllcms] Re: Pioneer Kuro Plasma calibration with dispcal

  • From: Fatcat <molotok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 13:33:02 +0400

Hi Florian.

> Yes I changed that a while ago following a suggestion from Graeme to see
> if the "speed" analogy would compel people to not jump to the highest
> quality setting right off the bat (the default is/was medium) and then
> wondering why the calibration takes a long time :)

There's also this separate "quality" slider. I didn't look but it refers to
building/calculating a profile, right?

> The profile self checks show pretty high average and peak errors,
> especially the second one. Maybe a curves + matrix profile is not a good
> choice, and a LUT profile is needed, or the measurements are just really
> inconsistent? Can you upload the profiles somewhere?

Of course. I put all of my attempts (from dispcalgui's "storage" folder) in a
zip file.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=C68E96988EE98F68!1039&authkey=!ADWSs_yOt3bQv2A&ithint=file%2c.zip

I tried building XYZ LUT and Lab LUT profiles, same thing. Also, the curves
look really twisted in some attempts there. Take a look because I'm at a loss.
One thing I haven't tried is looking into changing settings for the charts
(Edit testchart).

Zakhar