[argyllcms] Re: Pioneer Kuro Plasma calibration with dispcal

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 21:30:31 +0100

Hi Zakhar,

Am 12.01.2014 10:33, schrieb Fatcat:
> There's also this separate "quality" slider. I didn't look but it
> refers to building/calculating a profile, right?

Yes.

> I tried building XYZ LUT and Lab LUT profiles, same thing. Also, the
> curves look really twisted in some attempts there. Take a look
> because I'm at a loss. One thing I haven't tried is looking into
> changing settings for the charts (Edit testchart).

I've compared a few of the measurements (where you used same settings)
and the delta E goes above 50. I've also spotted one error that was
clearly a misread (a cyan patch measured as magenta in the 2014-01-02
5000K LabLUT ti3, which probably explains the ~90 dE profile self check
peak error). I'm wondering where the inconsistency comes from. Is it the
instrument or the TV, or both?

Florian