[argyllcms] Re: Pioneer Kuro Plasma calibration with dispcal

  • From: Claas Bickeböller <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 09:05:36 +0100

Hi,

I didn't mean that you should change the resolution.
With your instrument you are measuring 10 pixels at best which consist of 3
subpixels each.
This is not a lot of averaging and has little to do with what you perceive from
a viewing distance.
Every little nonuniformity of your display will affect the readings and thus
the calibration result.
E.g. ISO 12646 (standard to test monitors for softproofing applications)
specifies a minimum of 150 pixels to be measured by the used instrument.

I'd try it with an instrument with a larger aperture or maybe yours in
projector mode already improves the result.

Claas