[argyllcms] Paper profile

  • From: Yves Gauvreau <gauvreau-yves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 11:17:09 -0500

Hi,

I intend to make a few profiles for "good" papers. I have a Canon Pro-1000 (RGB) and I intend to use about a 1000 patches depending on paper size I'm using. I'll be using an I1 Studio.

I do both black and white and color photography. I do a lot of macro shots of very saturated colors and I shoot raw all the time.

Any thing special I should do for the papers I intend to use mostly for B&W?

Same for my colorful shot of flowers, is there a way to create an "ideal" profile to be use in a scenario like the "Image dependent gamut mapping using device links"

Most paper profiles I have are of version 2 (icc), would there be a benefit to start from these? Good idea or not?

For those paper I don't have a version 2 profile, would it be helpful to create one as a starting point? Matrix or Lut for this here? Just out of curiosity, could I use a version 2 profile created with the I1 Studio software, or could I do similar using Argyll tools?

Thanks,
Yves