[argyllcms] Re: New to CMS - looking for advice on device to use with argyllcms

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 06:52:53 -0700
On 2010 Jan 4, at 2:53 AM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Every instrument needs regular factory calibration if it is to retain
> its traceability to official standards (assuming it has any to begin
> with - many cheap instruments don't). It really depends on how important
> this aspect is to you though.

For photography, how often would you personally have an i1 Pro calibrated?

I called Greytag Macbeth when mine was officially a few months past its due
date, and the guy who answered the phone told me that, unless I was
experiencing problems, I might as well save my money. That was some time ago,
but I'm still not having any problems with it that *I* can spot....

b&