[argyllcms] Re: New to CMS - looking for advice on device to use with argyllcms

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 00:28:26 +0000

Hi :)

Graeme Gill wrote:

It's not a trivial task to do this in a way that improves confidence in
an instrument, rather than decreases it. I guess it would be easy enough
to override (or even overwrite!) the spectral calibration values in
an i1pro, but where are the references coming from, and how do you
verify the result ?

Well how do you spot drift in the first place? My guess is that for those of us whose goal is "nice photographic prints", not "must match the press or you're fired" - the first sign of trouble will be greys losing neutrality? If so, could one not simply spotread the grey patches of an IT8.7 chart, and fudge some sort of correction based on those?

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson