[argyllcms] Re: Hardware (?) problems: Matrox G550 Dual DVI

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 23:32:37 +1000

Volker Sauer wrote:

I'm quite sure, that the matrox supports "real" xinerama. I have 2 devices and 2 screen in xorg.conf and the
ServerLayout is like:

I'm not so sure, since you said that the second screens
VideoLUTs weren't accessible when Xinerama isn't running.

For normal drivers, a second card should be accessible
to applications by setting $DISPLAY to :0.1 or :1.0,
and the XFree86-VidModeExtension should also be able
to see the separate VideoLUTs for each display.

If Xinerama then runs on top of that, it should all work.

The first one works and loads the calibration to display 1. The seconds
doesn't do anything. Specifing other display numbers ore things like
-d1,2 -d2,1 -d 2,2 etc. doesn't work either.

Hmm. seems like the server goes through the motions then, but the
driver doesn't actually implement the XFree86-VidModeExtension
properly for the second display.

Would it make sense to discuss that on the xorg mailing list?

You could try (and it always helps to raise the visibility of users
who are interested in good color management support), but you might
not get much response, particularly if this is an old or closed source
card driver.