[argyllcms] Re: GretagMacbeth Eye-One/i1 ?

  • From: Don Terwilliger <harpmaker45@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 23:56:15 -0400

The spectro shown in the photo is an i1Pro (not an i1 Display Pro) with the
calibration base (which looks exactly like my Rev. A i1Pro). The only thing
else needed to use it is a regular USB cable and Argyll. Even my old Rev. A
works in HiRes mode. You would have to rig up a carrier to hold the i1 on
your screen to do display profiling, but that can be done with a little
imagination.

$330 is an OK, but not great, price. Be SURE it comes with a calibration
base that has the SAME serial number as the spectro otherwise you will have
to send it back to X-Rite to get a new base and it will cost almost as much
as a new i1Pro! A friend of mine made that mistake.