[argyllcms] Re: GretagMacbeth Eye-One/i1 ?

  • From: Mark Houghton <sunnyside72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 22:46:49 +1100

Hi,
Good to know that the revA version Works in high res mode.I could never get my
old unit to work in high res mode, but I was having problems with it.I also
came across a revD unit that I could not use in high res mode.Dose any know why
this would happen?
Mark Houghton

Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 23:56:15 -0400
Subject: [argyllcms] Re: GretagMacbeth Eye-One/i1 ?
From: harpmaker45@xxxxxxxxx
To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The spectro shown in the photo is an i1Pro (not an i1 Display Pro) with the
calibration base (which looks exactly like my Rev. A i1Pro). The only thing
else needed to use it is a regular USB cable and Argyll. Even my old Rev. A
works in HiRes mode. You would have to rig up a carrier to hold the i1 on your
screen to do display profiling, but that can be done with a little imagination.

$330 is an OK, but not great, price. Be SURE it comes with a calibration base
that has the SAME serial number as the spectro otherwise you will have to send
it back to X-Rite to get a new base and it will cost almost as much as a new
i1Pro! A friend of mine made that mistake.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Lars-Daniel Weber <Lars-Daniel.Weber@xxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi there,

does anyone know, which i1 this is?