[argyllcms] Re: Good software, but steep learning curve

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 23:35:34 +1100

Lennart Aangeenbrug wrote:

* is there a gui for linux :-P (or in progress?)

It's not something I'm intending to work on myself (at least,
not as a free software project), but other people have played with
this. I can't point you in the right direction at the moment
since I don't have the information handy, although such projects
tend to concentrate on printer and/or scanner profiling tasks.

If you're particularly interested in display profiling, then
there is lprof (which incorporates a good deal of code from
Argyll), but as far as I know, it doesn't currently do
display calibration.

* is there a decent tutorial to work with the CLI with this program? I mean
a step-by-step guide for first time users. Now it's dazzling me because al
of the options. The dispcal.html has (as an example) >all< information, but
i only want some >first< information.

See the documentation that comes with Argyll. In particular,
the main page has three pointers to Linux CLI tutorials
(see <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc7/ArgyllDoc.html>, under
 the heading "Main Utilities and the command line").

Then take a look at <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc7/Scenarios.html>)

Graeme Gill