[argyllcms] Re: Good software, but steep learning curve

  • From: Caspar Maessen <cmaessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 16:51:04 +0100

Op dinsdag 6 november 2007, schreef Lennart Aangeenbrug:

  > * is there a gui for linux :-P (or in progress?)
I know of lprof, http://lprof.sourceforge.net/index.html and
http://lprof.sourceforge.net/help/lprof-help.html But, I have no idea
if, and how it works. So you have to try it for yourself.

  > * is there a decent tutorial to work with the CLI with this
  > program? I mean a step-by-step guide for first time users. Now it's
  > dazzling me because al of the options. The dispcal.html has (as an
  > example) >all< information, but i only want some >first<
  > information.
Have a look at the docs. Scenarios.html describes typical usage
scenarios and examples http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/Scenarios.html .
It got me started. But I agree. There is a steep learning curve. But to
me it is more colormanagement as a hole that is a difficult concept to
grasp.

Caspar.