[argyllcms] Dummy colorimeter device for Argyll

  • From: howdy555@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:29:32 +0100

Hello!

I would like to use Spyder3 with Argyll CMS. If I understand correctly
this device is not yet supported. If I understand correctly, Argyll
requires the colorimeter to return color information of a color
displayed on screen (I am referring to monitor calibration only).
Therefore I would like to ask if it was possible to give this
information by hand, in an interactive fashion. I am thinking of
something like:

** Measure the color and enter xyY information:
x: 300.423
y: 239.322
Y: 12.432
** Measure the color and enter xyY information:
x: 320.43
y: 239.322
Y: 17.432
(all the data are of course for illustration only - in real
application they would be supplied by the user)

Why would such a thing be useful? I can easily read the color coordinates from
either the
original Spyder software or the free Colorimetre HCFR software:
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorimetre/index_en.php

This way Argyll could support ANY colorimeter with that functionality.

But this would require immerse patience from the user!
Yes, it would. It would be very simple for me to write a program that could
supply this data automatically (using e.g. AutoIt3:
http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml
).

The last benefit would be the possibility of familiarising oneself
with the calibration process without the need for a hardware
calibrator (obviously the resulting profiles would be next to
useless).