[argyllcms] Re: Dispread session

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:48:55 +1100

Roger Breton wrote:

OK. As a result of this process I do have a file called '245bw.ti3' which
contains a lot of spectral data followed by the 256 videoLUT.

Again, same comment as before. I would have like to have some kind of
confirmation that the ti3 file was created successfully.

It depends what you mean by "successfully". People can read all
sorts of things into such a confirmation. Is it success if
a file is created, but it's empty ? Is it success if a file
full of data is created, but it's all rubbish ?

Most people would like to know (somehow) that the file is going
to be useful for what they are trying to do. Since dispread
is just one step in a larger process, it's not in a position
to verify that the data in the file it writes is actually
going to result in a reasonable (verified) profile.

Generally I've defaulted to reporting progress information,
and if things fail. I can add "file written" type verbose messages
easily enough.