[argyllcms] Re: Profile

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:01:50 +1100

Roger Breton wrote:

I went through the profile creation for my monitor, reading in the ti3 file.
I installed the profile into my WinXP Color directory. But when I went into
Display>Advanced>Color Management to try to set it as the Defaut profile I
got the following error message (from Microsoft Color Management System):

An error occurred while dissaciociating SM245B.ICM

Fabulous error message !

profile -v -A"Samsung" -M"245bw" -D"Samsung 245bw by argyll" -C"argyll"  245bw

Try creating a shaper matrix profile first ("-as", or "-aS" or "-ag" or -"aG",
in that order), and see if it can digest it any better. Some systems (ie.
some versions of Photoshop) will only accept simplified profiles as display
profiles.

profile check complete, peak err = 82.877871, avg err = 5.156601
Exectution time = 30.968000 seconds

That's bad. Something went quite wrong in the whole process.

Peak err of 82? Is that 82 deltaE? Not stellar results. I must have done
something wrong. It's true I did not specify any CIECAM parameters.

Such things are fine tuning, whereas a large peak error indicates
a fundamental issue. I'd start at the first step. The calibration didn't
verify properly, and you've got this issue with two copies of the
programs running. Since things aren't working, I'd try something simple first.
Try calibrating to the default target, and see what the verification
is like:

        dispcal -v -yl -ql test

Get that working, before trying other options.