[argyllcms] Re: Dispcal on WinXPSP2+ i1pro

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 11:13:02 +1100

Roger Breton wrote:
Silly me. I kept having a hyphen in front of the outfile name and that's
what threw dispcal off :(

The usage diagnostic should have given a hint. Something like "unrecognized
option 2".

> But I have a question. Suppose, through the white
point that I achieve just the white chromaticity I want, what's going to
happen thtough calibration if I leave the parameter Target brightness set at
some value that I realize now I should not specify? Like, suppose I defined
-b90 and, after iterating on the White point, I get precisely the
chromaticity I want but at 91 cd/m2, what is dispcal going to do?
> Lower the
brightness but compromise my careful White point setting? Sounds logical.

Yes, by default it will attempt to meet the target's you've asked for.
If you change your mind, you have to exit and restart it with
different parameters. That's command line tools for you.

Does that mean that if I want dispcal to use the "native" white point and
"brightness", once set by me with its assistance, I should not specify those
parameters?

You can configure it to use the native white point and brightness (the
default), and use the display controls to set the native behavior
as you like (while monitoring what you're doing), before going on
to the calibration.

Finished the profile. Photoshop was complaining that the profile was
"defective", at first. Couldn't understand why but after a few jerks it
accepted it and it showed up under MonitorRGB.

Any idea what it was complaining about ? Some older versions
of Photoshop require the profile to be a subset of shaper/matrix,
such as single shaper curve, or single gamma curve (hence all
the options in the profile utility).