[argyllcms] Re: Dispcal on WinXPSP2+ i1pro

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 00:03:33 -0400

Wow! I'm starting to get the hang of it, Graeme. You really have put some
sound thinking into dispcal and you should be commended for that. I just
realize what that initial menu you put up right after instrument calibration
is for! I thought it was just some kind of static series of display stats
but, far from it! I love what you let us do in that initial menu. Wow! So
far, because I use dispcal on an LCD monitor, I can only use the White point
and White level check. But I have a question. Suppose, through the white
point that I achieve just the white chromaticity I want, what's going to
happen thtough calibration if I leave the parameter Target brightness set at
some value that I realize now I should not specify? Like, suppose I defined
-b90 and, after iterating on the White point, I get precisely the
chromaticity I want but at 91 cd/m2, what is dispcal going to do? Lower the
brightness but compromise my careful White point setting? Sounds logical.
Does that mean that if I want dispcal to use the "native" white point and
"brightness", once set by me with its assistance, I should not specify those
parameters?

I'm a little confused. I'll continue to experiment...

Roger Breton