[argyllcms] Re: Device links for ProofMaster v4

  • From: Andrzej Andrez <an2rez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:46:11 +0200

I have proofmaster v4 soft with advanced color licence. My typical usage is
proofing for offset printing. With advanced color enabled there is a wizard
to make profile tunning. I am not happy with results so I wanted to try do
it externally with argyll. If I understand I need to use only refine tool
to make abstract profile and try to use it in proofmaster. I can not see
possibility to install device link. I think that device links are
calculated on the fly.
I also restored proofmaster v3 instalation and everything looks the same in
this area. There is no place to insert device links.
I can not check how software works witout advanced color because options
ale enabled via hardware dongle (v3) or licence server (v4).

Proofmaster printer profiles seems to be ICC file with some private data.
Only file extension is changed to dfp. Maybe it is possible to apply
abstract profile with revfix. Iccdump.exe parse it but returns some error
with some non standard tags.

If I find some time then I try to play with proofmaster profiles. For now I
asked question to support how to use externally generated device links but
I do not expect reply soon. Last time I waited for answer few weeks.

Andrzej