[argyllcms] Device links for ProofMaster v4

  • From: Michael Davis <midavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 07:59:39 -0400

For many years I've had great results using Argyll CMS to create device links,
which I load into my old ProofMaster 3.1.5 RIP to fine-tune the prepress
proofing. I now need to upgrade to the current version of ProofMaster RIP due
to the old Epson 3800 printer having expensive problems, and other reasons.

The new ProofMaster v4 seems to only accept device link profiles generated by
its own "Advanced Color" option which I did not licence as it was $2000.

My two questions:

• Does anyone know how to use Argyll to make compatible device links for
ProofMaster v4?

• Is there another way around this by just using a device link to generate a
revised printer profile?

Any advice would really be appreciated (I'm no expert user). Thank you.

Mike Davis