[argyllcms] Re: Device link gamut mapping: how to do it right?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 21:58:00 +1000

Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:
Graeme, thank You for paying attention for my questions. I've checked again.
I've think
there was a mistake in my first checks. But I do another check again and the
results
are the same: output images almost independent of tiffgamut intent. The
difference is
in diagnostic *.wrl, but for real out of printer gamut images is not
noticeable. See
workflow.txt and "25(a-p - r-p) difference.jpg" from archive. May be mapping
algorithm
as universal and robust so real white point mismatch is not a problem?

The gamut mapping for a source gamut is a little complex, and I'd have
to look back over my notes and the source code to recall all the details.
Basically it is still a mapping from the source color space to destination
color space, and (I think) the neutral axis matching (which includes the white
point) is determined just by this. The extent of compression is
essentially what is affected by the the source image gamut.