[argyllcms] Re: Device link gamut mapping: how to do it right?

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 23:34:12 +0400

Thank You for your patience, Graeme!
Ooh! I have weak knowledge in color management, especially in this project. I
had to read ArgyllCMS documentation carefully.

Graeme Gill wrote:
It is a relative linking if a relative based gamut mapping is selected with
and it's not if a non-relative based gamut mapping is selected.
The gamut should be created in a way that is compatible with the
intent being used (kind of messy to use I know, but that's how it
is at the moment), so if a relative to white intent is being used,
then a relative to white gamut should be created.

It's important to mention in documentation of collink and tiffgamut, that "The
gamut should be created in a way that is compatible with the intent being used".