[argyllcms] Re: DTP41/T transmissive mode - problems getting good strip reads

  • From: Doug Private <doug17r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 15:36:22 +1100

Could you narrow down a strip that fails, then read the density of the
patches and the separators.  It has been reported that the maximum density
difference between the patches and the separators for R, G, or B, must be
at least 0.5.  What is you maximum and minimum density?

If you have the necessary density range but targen is not placing the
patches appropriately then try the '-p' argument or manually read a small
chart to make an initial profile and use the '-c' argument.

There are some 'developer' commands you can use to debug the patch reading
on the DTP41, and it may be possible to change the density delta cutoff.
Try:

developerpw    - place in developer mode (take care).
17od           - shows the strip region processing data.

The 17od command shows 'm_fDensityDeltaCutOff = 0.50'.  Not sure if this
can be modified, perhaps one of the configuration parameters 'CF'?   Seem
to recall it also shows the number of patches read, or gave some data that
helped debug these issues.

The DTP41 is quite handy for reading transmission charts, and I use it for
ink on diffuse plastic using printtarg, and for 35mm slide film by manually
packing the patches so that the black 35mm frame separator occurs every
four patches.