[argyllcms] DTP41/T transmissive mode - problems with strip reads

  • From: Ken Conrad <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 00:37:25 -0800

Graeme, thanks for the advice. Yes, I did use -c with targen to precondition the chart with my current best .icc profile. Good advice to try the -A 1.5 flag in printtarg, this helped, now my good reads are 80% of the strips. Not 100%, but better. Next I'll try wider patches, to scan around some occasional variation in the weave of the fabric.

-Ken Conrad

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:41:12 +1100

Ken Conrad wrote:
> Since I'm stuck and my arm is getting really sore measuring
individual
> patches.... any advice and help will be gratefully accepted!

Without seeing the problem in person, it's hard to know what's
wrong with it, but here's a couple of starter suggestions:

Have you fed a previous profile into targen ? With a previous or
similar profile it will have a better chance of generating the correct
spacer value.

Try a spacer scale value (-A flag) of (say) 1.5 in printtarg to
lengthen it, and see if this helps.