[argyllcms] Re: DELL Laptop RGBLED calibration

  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 22:35:57 +0200 (CEST)

Am 05.06.09, 00:10 +0200 schrieb Gerhard Fuernkranz:
Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:
Kai-Uwe, and this plug-in remaps not just the colors of window
decorations, but also the colors of the contents of all application
windows (including the colors of 3D objects rendered via OpenGL, videos,
Xv overlays, etc.)? I.e. with this plug-in one can fully emulate for

Tomas had at one time planed to use the Xv overlays. But I do not think this will be a good general solution, as modern display profiles tend more to become LUT based. So everything is based on shaders.

The interpolating shader core comes from your GLSL ppm_viewer example, you had publicised last year. So thanks for your fine example.

instance a virtual sRGB display in software on any display (with a gamut >= sRGB, if clipping should be avoided)? Very interesting!

I had changed the code to support device links but that is not tested. With a DL it should be possible to simulate even smaller gamuts through proofing. It would require some additional options to the actual CMM, which is currently a wrapping plug-in around lcms.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org