[argyllcms] Re: DELL Laptop RGBLED calibration

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 18:07:22 +0100

Hi,

Marcello Desantis wrote:

 I'm a software developer and I need to see the same
colors my customers are going to see.

As others have pointed out, the wide gamut monitor does make this difficult - but for the purposes of emulating what customers will see, your best best may be to calibrate and profile the monitor with Argyll, then simply screengrab your application, and view that screengrab in a colour-management-aware application. The screengrab should be treated as being in the default colourspace (sRGB unless you've specified otherwise) which is a reasonable approximation of a typical non-wide-gamut monitor.

Hope this is some help

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson