[argyllcms] Re: Continuous reading mode ambient light temperature

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 22:08:51 +1000

Mike Windsor wrote:
example, and picking the best fit on the fly). As Jos has pointed out, the
Windows
Huey software (and, I think, the more expensive Spyders) reacts to ambient
temperature
in real time. How does it do it?

I think you'll find that it's doing something different to matching
the white point. As I understand it, it is instead making an ambient
illumination adjustment (ie. changing the contrast of the display to
compensate for a changing ambient to display brightness ratio, which
is what dispcal will also do at calibration time, and what viewing
condition settings do when creating profiles in Argyll.)