[argyllcms] Re: Continuous reading mode ambient light temperature

  • From: Jos van Riswick <josvanr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 12:58:46 +0200

Hi,

I don't see many average users darkening their living rooms
and installing 6500K bulbs so...  I too don't think that many
users have an actual *need* to adapt their monitor to the
changing ambient light. But.. how many users actually *need* a gui,
or a cell phone or whatever for that matter ;-) ? But they do
benefit from it.. (although I'm not entirely shure in the case
of cell phones).

Yes, I tried to use prints, but found it very difficult to get the
colors/contrast etc in the print suit me. That's the benifit of a
monitor, one can adjust everyting and view/use the result
immediately..

Jos