[argyllcms] Re: Combine display and webcam profile

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 14:10:47 +0200

Hi again,

Am 12.06.2011 07:42, schrieb kees blom:
thanks, ok I see. Hm I do understand about the profiles: I noticed that
profiling in a normal way and looking through the webcam doesn't make
a difference. But shouldn't it work if I do the entire calibration of the
display looking through the webcam?

No, it won't work. The calibration alone is not enough to get the colors "right". And as the webcam app is not color-managed as you said, it will not be able to use a profile anyway, so even trying to create a profile that describes the behavior of both devices is moot.

The calibration software/window
manager , doesn't know if I'm looking at the actual monitor, or at the
image of the monitor on the webcam, right? If the image on the webcam is
my monitor, all curves should be adjusted so, that the image looks right
shouldn't it? Feedback would be appreciated.

One thing that I think could go wrong is, that there is quite a delay
between the actual monitor and the monitor displayed on the webcam,
as if it's a very slow monitor. (.3 sec or so?) Maybe dispcalGUI is
measuring
a part of the previous patch each time.

dispcal's measuring is synced to the patch display afaik, so anything that interferes with that can have bad effects.

I attatched the output of xicclu
-g -fb for the
resulting icc file. I don't understand why it looks this bent, while
the curves for monitor and camera (measured with it8 target)
separately look rather straight.... (maybe I'm mixing up curves?)

I will look for a color managed window manager, see if that works

KB

http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Oyranos/Download#Oyranos_LiveCD

 > Regards

Regards