[argyllcms] Re: Combine display and webcam profile

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 21:08:58 +0200

Am 13.06.2011 18:37, schrieb Jos van Riswick:
hi

ok, hmm pitty..

Isn't it possible to 'device-link' the webcam profile and the monitor profile
and then load the monitor profile into the color managed window manager?

I just mentioned the device-link profile type for completeness' sake. For the intended use, it won't make a difference. That being said, I don't know if one can specify the source profile for the window manager to use for not-color-managed content. The monitor profile will be used regardless.

jos

No, it won't work. The calibration alone is not enough to get the colors
"right". And as the webcam app is not color-managed as you said, it will not
be able to use a profile anyway, so even trying to create a profile that
describes the behavior of both devices is moot.

--
Florian Höch