[argyllcms] Re: Combine display and webcam profile

  • From: kees blom <keesblomthuis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 22:29:20 +0200

I came up with a hacky way to do this today but didn't
work unfortunately. Here is what I tried: start dispcalGUI
to either calibrate or profile and point the webcam at the
computer screen. Install the colorimeter not on the color
patch displayed by dispcalGUI, but on the webcamviewer
displaying the patch. So dispcalGUI should in theory create
the profile/calibration for the camera + monitor, right?
The patches displayed by dispcalGUI didn't look much different
from the image from the webcam. So I thought it would be
just a small adjustment, and it would work
but helas... I used guvcview for the cam. Set all
options to 'not-automatic' and manually adjust so that there
is no 'burn out' , and a black patch is also black when
viewed through the webcam.... Unfortunately the result
looked much too dark and very blue-green....

KB

From: keesblomthuis@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [argyllcms] Combine display and webcam profile
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 16:29:53 +0200

Hello

I need my webcam to display as good as possible colors on my
montior, ie close to what I see in real life. Unfortunately, the
software I'm using to view the webcam isn't color managed.
(I need to use this software). So I can't use a camera calibration
to get the colors right. Is it possible to somehow combine the
calibrations of the display and camera into a single display
calibration/profile? The colors for other apps would be off, but
for the camera software they would be right, if you see what
I mean.  I'd switch to this combined display profile only when
using the camera.

kees blom