[argyllcms] Re: Black Point Compensation

  • From: Joe Tschudi <tresorjoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 11:55:43 +0200

Hello Graeme, Kai-Uwe

>> BPC is now much in the heads of users. What is the equivalent to BPC in
>> Argyll?
>
> Use a real perceptual gamut mapping - ie. either create the output ICC profile
> perceptual table for the specific input colorspace, or create
> a device link of the same transform. See
> <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/CrushedDisplyBlacks.html>

Would that theoretically mean that using -S AdobeRGB1998.icc in colprof should
deliver the same result for:
1) Conversions using Relative + BPC
2) Conversions using Perceptual
(for example converted in Photoshop using Adobe (ACE) with selectable Black
Point Compensation)

I don't get the same result, what kind of -T parameter could give me the same
conversion result in Perceptual as a Relative + BPC conversion, if there is any?

Best regards,
Joe Tschudi