[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS 1.40 / Fedora 17 dispwin -I fails

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:53:12 +1100

Richard Hughes wrote:

> Do you want something on the console at runtime or just something installed?

Hi Richard,
        what I'd like is for the functionality to be the same, thereby avoiding
the whole issue. dispwin -I should install the profile, just like it does on all
the other systems. So the question is:

What API should "dispwin -I" call to install a profile on a Linux system
that's running colord ? This needs to be dynamically discoverable not
statically linked, so that it will fall back to using ucmm on systems
that don't know anything about colord. It boils down to:

What library do I dlopen(), and what function do I dlsym() and then
call to install and uninstall a profile ?

[And it should probably do the equivalent thing for systems running
 Oyranos. ]

Graeme.