[argyllcms] Re: Argyll, ColorMunki & dual display

  • From: "Gerhard Fürnkranz" <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:21:30 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:44:08 +1000
> Von: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> An: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [argyllcms] Re: Argyll, ColorMunki & dual display

> 1) The application has little flexibility as to how it
>     handles the color. Either it's stuck with sRGB, or
>     double color correction is applied.
>
> 2) The gamut is limited to sRGB (or some other chosen
>     colorspace), rather than the full gamut of the monitor
>     being available to the application. This can be
>     significant in proofing situations, particularly if
>     optimized proofing device links are being employed.

I'm wondering, does the plug-in support separate color transformations for each
window (including no-op transformations for those windows which should be
color-managed by the application)? Then the applications could still do their
own color management in their windows, or delegate the working space to monitor
transformation to the compiz plug-in (by assigining the working space to the
particular window as source color space for the compiz transformation).

Regards,
Gerhard

--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl