[aravis] Re: arv_camera_create_stream triggering streaming

  • From: Emmanuel Pacaud <emmanuel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aravis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 16:28:48 +0100

Le mercredi 14 mars 2012 à 07:27 -0700, Luca Barbato a écrit :
> On 3/14/12 12:43 AM, Emmanuel Pacaud wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Le mardi 13 mars 2012 à 17:30 -0700, Luca Barbato a écrit :
> >> I noticed that
> >> issuing arv_camera_create_stream by itself has the camera start
> >> streaming, is that a known issue/behaviour on other cameras or is it a
> >> local quirk?
> >
> > I would say it is an issue on the camera (as always, I'm not completely
> > sure, because I don't know what the specification says). I've just had a
> > quick look at aravis code, and I found nothing that would trigger the
> > streaming start.
> >
> > Did you try to send a stop acquisition before calling
> > arv_camera_create_stream ?
>
> It is the test feature code I posted, meanwhile I got some additional
> information from the camera maker.
>
> Aravis doesn't support pending acks so it gets confused. I'll bake a
> wireshark trail soon and the related testcase.

May be you could try to play with the value of
ARV_GV_DEVICE_GVCP_TIMEOUT_MS_DEFAULT in arvgvdevice.

It looks like some commands don't get their ack packet before this
timeout, and this ack packet is read by the heartbeat thread instead of
the expected one.

If this is the case, we probably have to provide an API for changing
this timeout value.

        Emmanuel.