[aravis] Re: arv_camera_create_stream triggering streaming

  • From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aravis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 07:27:54 -0700

On 3/14/12 12:43 AM, Emmanuel Pacaud wrote:
Hi,

Le mardi 13 mars 2012 à 17:30 -0700, Luca Barbato a écrit :
I noticed that
issuing arv_camera_create_stream by itself has the camera start
streaming, is that a known issue/behaviour on other cameras or is it a
local quirk?

I would say it is an issue on the camera (as always, I'm not completely
sure, because I don't know what the specification says). I've just had a
quick look at aravis code, and I found nothing that would trigger the
streaming start.

Did you try to send a stop acquisition before calling
arv_camera_create_stream ?

It is the test feature code I posted, meanwhile I got some additional information from the camera maker.

Aravis doesn't support pending acks so it gets confused. I'll bake a wireshark trail soon and the related testcase.