[arachne] Re: roll call

  • From: "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:16:51 -0500

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 23:34:24 -0500 (EST), Steve <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do know about the "happy with what I'm using, so why
> 'upgrade' sentiment" though.  I'm using a quite ancient
> version of Linux.  It does what I need it to, so why upgrade
> for the sake of upgrading?  (I'm sure nobody else shares
> THAT sentiment!  ;-)

Linus Torvald himself has said (wish I could rmember the exact
quote) that one of the obvious advantages of Linux is that you
aren't forced into an upgrade just to keep performing ordainary
tasks like browsing the web or reading your email. (Actual quote
was quite pithy and funny) He thought ugrading just to be current
was a stupid waste of time and senseless.

Sam Ewalt
Croswell, Michigan, USA
-- Arachne V1.70;rev.3, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --