[arachne] Re: roll call

  • From: "Glenn Gilbreath Jr." <wizard57m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:25:22 -0600

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:00:01 -0500 (EST), Steve <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 bobdohse@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>> All of us have an interest in DOS, since Arachne is not a

> Um... no.  I haven't booted to DOS regularly since ca.
> '98; haven't even booted to it at all in years.  I couldn't
> care less whether DOS disappears or not... so I may be
> another candidate for unsubbing.

> --
> Steve Ackman
> http://twoloonscoffee.com     (Need green beans?)
> http://twovoyagers.com                (glass, linux & other stuff)

NO NO NO!!  Nothing could be further from the truth, Steve!
This list is for ALL Arachne users, not just DOS, not just Linux!
Please, I welcome the little tidbits you have given over the years about
Linux!  That's why I named this list Arachne Mailing List, for Arachne
Fans!  Open to all irregardless of operating system.  While it may be
that currently there are more DOS Arachne users than Linux, the time may
well come when the reverse is true!
Recent DOS operating system development has been almost non-existant.
Compare that to Linux development!  Linux has been enhanced to run on
newer equipment, and supports many new peripherals that DOS can't even
identify.  We need all Arachne users working together...improvements
made in the DOS version MUST be made available in the Linux version, and
vice versa if at all possible.
Gang, this list is for Arachne...not just DOS Arachne, not just Linux
Arachne...Arachne.  If I thought otherwise, I wouldn't even have
attempted to setup the list.  So, please stay around and HELP US, Steve!
I can't speak for everyone, but only myself...the time is coming when I
may have to learn Linux in order to stay connected with more "modern"
equipment than what I currently run!
C U L8R!
Wiz <{;-)

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --