[arachne] post install of freedos problems in compaq presario 200 laptop

  • From: "Brian C. Murphy" <BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne list <ARACHNE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:48:17 -0500

Now I'm sorry I ever tried to install FREE DOS in my new to me Compaq
Presario 1200 laptop.  On my last try Freedos installed in it, and at
one final point asked me to insert a Freedos boot disk it had asked me
to make earlier, which I fif, and then FREEDOS  wound up the Freedos
installation and left me.

Since then when I turn on the Compaq it does one  thing and only one
thing, it says BOOTING FROM LOCAL DISK ..

No matter what I do I can get  notthing else out of the Compaq.  I tried
inserting the Free DOS boot disk Free DOS told me to make, but it does
nothing except "Booting from local disk".

All I want to do now is to get FREE DOS totally out of the compaq so I
can replace it with the well mannered PCDOS7-2000 I use in all my other
computers.

Please tell me how I can empty out all the FREE DOS stuff and its stupid
one trick pony "Booting from local disk".

Brian Murphy
BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx