[arachne] Re: Missing download time

  • From: "Glenn McCorkle" <glennmcc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 18:05:08 -0500

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:53:18 +0000, Udo Kuhnt wrote:

>> That's because v1.95 now gets 'full speed' on cable & DSL
>> therefore 99.9% of downloads will be complete before you even have
>> a chance to look at the status bar. ;-)

> I have the opposite problem with v1.95; after downloading most of a
> web page rather quickly - though not nearly at full DSL speed - it
> suddenly stops and pauses for about 10 seconds before receiving the
> last few bytes. This happens with all kinds of URLs, for example the
> Freelists and Yahoo Arachne list archives. It is very annoying.

Hi Udo,

I agree... that would become quite annoying.

Since that's not happening here... and I _do_ get 'full speed'....
http://www.glennmcc.org/ara-gpl/193_turbo.jpg
http://www.glennmcc.org/ara-gpl/320098.gif

I can't reproduce the problem and hence can't track-down a bug that
does not happen to me.

So I must ask....

Is annoying enough to _you_ that you are willing to take the time
needed to track-down the bug in the SRC code and perhaps fix it ?

--
 Glenn
 http://www.delorie.com/listserv/mime/